CeraMem LLC is a business unit of the Alsys Group, based in Boston, specialized in ceramic membranes and filtration processes
CeraMem LLC is a business unit of the Alsys Group. CeraMem was founded in 1986. More than 430 systems using CeraMem or other Alsys brand membrane products are installed around the world, with a total estimated processing capacity greater than 15,000,000 gal/day.
CeraMem LLC proudly manufactures CeraMem® ceramic membranes in the USA, and distributes Kleansep® ceramic membranes and Pleiade® polymeric membranes, which are manufactured by Orelis, our sister company in France.
The key advantages of ceramic membranes include:
- Robust and durable construction
- Resistant to extreme acid and caustic conditions
- Resistant to high temperatures
- More hydrophilic compared to most polymeric membranes
- May be backpulsed
- Consistent permeate quality
- Low life-cycle cost
CeraMem LLC offers the following products:
- CeraMem® ultrafiltration and microfiltration ceramic membranes and modules: alumina, titania, silica, or silicon carbide membranes on silicon Carbide monolith support structure. CeraMem membranes excel in applications such as produced water, oily wastewater, heavy metal removal, emergency water, caustic cleaner recovery, and acid filtration. CeraMem are American made products.
- Kleansep® nanofiltration, ultrafiltration and microfiltration ceramic membranes and modules: titania, zirconia, or alumina membranes on alumina support. The membrane and module materials comply with FDA regulations for food contact applications. Kleansep membranes excel in food and beverage, biotech, potable water, and wastewater applications.
- Pleiade® ultrafiltration and microfiltration membranes and modules: plate and frame units with polymeric flat sheet UF and MF membranes (PAN or PVDF).
- Pervaporation membranes
- Flat sheet silicon carbide UF and MF membranes
- Standard and custom designed membrane systems for filtration, concentration, fractionation, and purification operations
- Test products Laboratory scale versions of all membranes are available for feasibility testing
- Feasibility, Proof of Concept, and Validation test service:
- Pilot systems: A fleet of pilot systems is available for rent. The capacities range from roughly 1 L/min (16 GPH) to 16 m3/h (70 GPM). Pilot units can be mobilized quickly.
- Membrane cleaning studies: CeraMem can compare results obtained using a wide range of cleaning chemicals in order to improve performance.
Some of the more common applications served by CeraMem include:
- Oily wastewater and oil water emulsions
- Bilge water treatment
- Alkaline cleaner recycle
- Spent caustic reuse
- Alkaline rinse treatment
- Acid reuse
- Heavy metal removal (Chromium, Nickel, etc)
- Produced water filtration for disposal or reuse
- Desalter brine filtration
- Tailings pond recycle
- Laundry wastewater reuse
- Juice clarification
- Liquid clarification
- External ceramic MBR
- Fermentation broth clarification
- Pretreatment to reverse osmosis
- Chlor-alkali brine purification
12 Clematis Avenue
Waltham. MA 02453
Contact: Kevin Donahue, Business Development Manager
+1 857 504 2253