Food and Feed: Responsible management of the Food and Feed industry
Demographic changes on a worldwide scale have a strong impact on human food and animal feed.
To respond to growing demand, as well as quality and safety requirements throughout the food chain, ALSYS intervenes on two levels:
- Development of functional materials, processes and industrial equipment contributing to the production of ingredients and foodstuffs
- Formulation of functional actives to ensure the health and development of animals while avoiding the use of hormones and antibiotics.
Membrane filtration materials, processes and equipment for the production of foodstuffs and ingredients
With regard to human food and animal feed, ALSYS offers KLEANSEP™ ceramic membrane technologies. It guarantees the performance of production processes (reliability, competitiveness of operational expenses, …) while ensuring the optimal nutritional quality of its formulations.
These ranges of ceramic membranes, processes and membrane filtration systems can be used for various applications, including:
- area of biotechnologies based on industrial fermentation (amino acid, vitamin, enzyme, antibiotic , yeast)
- development of sugar and starch derivatives (sugar juice, glucose syrup, high-fructose corn syrup)
- the development of beverages (wine, lees, grape must, juice, beer, dairy products and derivatives, spring water)
- design of natural foodstuffs (algae, seaweed extract, polyphenol, alternative protein source, concentration of aroma …).
Key technologies and expertise of ALSYS in this field:
- Ceramic and polymeric membranes, microfiltration, ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, pervaporation, chemical engineering, cross-flow filtration, dead-end filtration
- Integration of downstream and upstream process equipment (chemicals treatment, pre-filters, reverse osmosis …)
- Separation function: filtration, clarification, concentration and purification
With regard to animal nutrition, ALSYS develops technologies that allow optimal results while guaranteeing the good health of animals.
The additives are produced from minerals with no environmental impact and are approved for animal feeds. They offer natural and innovative solutions to support breeding performance and economics.
Sustainable and profitable, these growth promoters are an alternative to drugs. They constitute a solution for the future to guarantee healthier and better quality breeding production while offering optimised costs.
ALSYS is also working on a range of innovative solutions for the food preservation.