An automotive industry manufacturer ordered an ultrafiltration system from Orelis Environnement, a subsidiary of the Alsys group. The UF system will treat wastewater from a degreasing bath. Degreasing baths are used as pre-treatment for metal parts prior to electrocoating.
The ultrafiltration system will concentrate the oil and separate it from the wastewater. The wastewater will be sent to a membrane bioreactor (MBR).
The reason for choosing this process and the system designed by Orelis is the performance in the following areas:
- Oil filtration by ultrafiltration with ceramic membranes which have proven their effectiveness on this type of water / oil separation application (KleansepTM BH 300 kD)
- Achievement of a high permeate flow, thanks to the choice of membranes and the use of heaters in the working tank to maintain a process fluid temperature of 50-60°C (122- 140°F)
- The system is equipped with 38 KleansepTM membranes with a total area of 13 m² (140 ft²). The unit will process 1 m³/h (4.4 gpm)
- Compact system construction, including an indexing paper filter on the working tank, upstream of the ultrafiltration membranes
- A remote maintenance module via internet
- Minimized electric power consumption: pump power can be optimized with use of the variable speed driver, heat recovery by a heat exchanger